Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sixth Sunday in Easter and Mother's Day

I enjoyed today's church service very much. After church, I helped clean up a bit, then went home to take a nap. After a three hour nap, my husband and I went to Fry's Electronics. (Sometimes it seems as if we never shop anywhere else together.) We treated the following people to dinner at Kazoo: my Mom, my Grandma, my sister, her husband, and their two adorable children. Their kids are quite cute: a feisty yet sweet toddler boy and an adorable and peaceful newborn girl.

I am thankful for the many mothers in my life: my Mom, my Step-Mom, my two Grandmothers, my four Great-Grandmothers, and my little sister, who is also a Mom. I am also thankful for all the story-time Moms and Dads who bring their children to the library to listen to me read stories, sing songs, and even play my 'ukulele. I am also thankful for all the Moms at my church.

I'm also thankful for people such as Donaldina Cameron, a missionary who rescued hundreds of Chinese girls and young women from domestic slavery and prostitution slavery. Although she was not a biological mother, she was called “Lo Mo” or “Old Mother” by the girls and young women she rescued.

All of these women are excellent role models for me.

No comments: