Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter 2007

My Grandma and I went to church this beautiful spring morning. The service was wonderful, especially the sermon. One of the hymns we sang today (and yesterday at a different service) was Hymn #104 – Christ is Risen! Shout Hosanna!, an English translation of Ode to Joy. This is probably my favorite hymn in the Presbyterian Hymnal. We also sang two praise songs, two more hymns, the “Glory be” song and the Doxology.


After the service, my Grandma and I went to the Social Hall, where we enjoyed snacks and beverages. I'm often introverted; however, today, I introduced myself and my Grandma to several people that I have never met before, including newcomers, and members who haven't been at church for a while. Although I'm shy, I do enjoy meeting new people.


I brought Grandma back to her house, and I visited her, my uncle and my cousin for a little while. I then went to Safeway to buy some groceries. As I was walking to my car, a homeless man asked me for some money. I smiled at him, and I gave him a $1.00 gift certificate and a six-pack of boxed raisins. He seemed content with what I offered him. We then said goodbye. I see homeless people in my neighborhood all the time; however, this is the first time I remember seeing a homeless person my my Grandma's neighborhood. I realize that I can't help every single person in the world; however, I'm thankful that God gives me the opportunity and ability to help some people. For more on this topic, please visit http://huladawn.blogspot.com/2007/02/stepping-on-my-soapbox-for-bit.html.

No comments: