Sunday, April 22, 2007

Evangelism

Evangelism is sometimes such a loaded word; however, I have learned that there are different types of evangelism.


Sometimes, the word evangelism is associated with proselytizing and mind control.


I find this type of evangelism to be rather unpleasant.


Sometimes, the word evangelism is associated with public relations and marketing.


I have no problems with this type of evangelism. Many organizations, including faith communities, and libraries, practice this type of evangelism.


Sometimes, the word evangelism can be associated with personal essays and memoirs.


In addition to The Bible and other books, I have read many personal online blogs as well as memoirs in book format with a lot of spiritual information and advice.


Is there a fourth type of evangelism? I'm very interested in knowing if there is. Please leave a comment.

No comments: