Sunday, April 15, 2007

Second Sunday in Easter

Today's Bible study and church service were both very nice. After church, some of us has a small meeting. After the meeting, I hung out for a while with some of the folks, and helped clean up. My husband and I went to lunch, at one of his new favorite places.


After lunch, I drove up 101. The afternoon was quite beautiful, and traffic was light. I accidentally got off on the wrong exit, and I drove around for a bit until I found a parking spot near a convenience store. I asked for directions, and one of the customers was quite helpful.


Two of my friends performed in a concert at the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco. They sang Russian and Yiddish songs, some of which were accompanied by one of their friends who is a pianist. My favorite Russian song was Pierieliotnye Ptitsy (Birds of Migration) and my favorite Yiddish song was Tum-Balalayke.


After a delightful concert, five of us went to a Burmese restaurant down the street and ate delicious food.


After we said our goodbyes, I started to drive home. I missed my entrance, and accidentally got on the Bay Bridge. I've done this before several times, so I knew to get off at Treasure Island, make a U-turn at the military base, and get back on the bridge going the other way. I'm not sure why I'm so confused driving around in San Francisco. My confusion was worth it. From Treasure Island, I saw a beautiful view of San Francisco at night, something I only see every now and then.


Today was a very nice day.


I'm home, I'm tired, and my writing style is a bit off. After I finish my laundry, I'm going to bed.







No comments: